Thursday, July 25

I would have thought this was published in the Onion, but sadly -- no, frightenly -- it's not:

"I am getting really sick of people who whine about "civilian casualties." Maybe I'm a hard-hearted guy, but when I see in the newspapers that civilians in Afghanistan or the West Bank were killed by American or Israeli troops, I don't really care. In fact, I would rather that the good guys use the Air Force to kill the bad guys, even if that means some civilians get killed along the way. One American soldier is worth far more than an Afghan civilian."

"If only Israel had acted as decisively as America did in Kabul, it would have gone in with F-16s and leveled Jenin. Civilian casualties? So be it. That might have struck a note of fear into the Palestinians -- putting in ground troops sure doesn't."
Enemy 'civilian casualties' ok by me

This was written by an eighteen-year-old by the name of Ben Shapiro. 18. It was found on the TownHall.com website by Tom Tomorrow and is, possibly, the sort of shit that way too many young conservatives believe. I can't even fathom thinking this way, thinking that one life -- the life of a soldier who signed up knowing that there is a chance to die in combat -- is worth more than the life of an innocent civilian...especially considering that those soldiers are in a warzone because of tthe same sort of thinking from the other side. I mean, I used to be a Young Republican™ and all, but I don't remember ever being this...so...callous and wicked in my regards to other human beings. What are we doing? How are we raising children that actually feel this way about things like this? How the hell do does a kid like this get repspected enough by a major political website that his vitriol can actually be published?

I'm starting to get a headache...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home