Thursday, October 10

I am a liar. I put on this sad face but in reality I am happy. In the doldrum of daily existence, I see many sad things, but I also see happy things. Amazingly happy things that put a smile on my face and sometimes a bring a tear to my eye.

I do not know why I dwell on the sad and depressing when I write and when I talk, I do not know why I am so quick to discuss the drab and depressing. Deep down, I am not that person. Perhaps I act that way because I wish that so many others could be happy when I so plainly see that they are not. Perhaps it's because I wish that those others could find joy in the little things and not be so upset by the little evils that penetrate our lives. I don't know. But I do know that I feel saddened by the fact that so many people are seemingly distraught, discontent, and otherwise disavowed from the beauty and small wonders of life. Or the miracle of life itself, I guess. But I am glad that there are some that feel the same as I, that are capable of appreciating those things that, for me, make the presence of some benevolent Creator clear as crystal. People with whom I can connect, that renew my faith in humanity, and help me realize that I am not the only one who believes in something greater than myself -- some ideal that is worth striving for. And I am grateful that I can call so many of those people my friends.

I am truly blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home