Thursday, October 3

The Question:
What religion are you?

My Answer (as I answered in the WWDN soapbox ):
I believe in (agape) Love and strive to live my life through it...with Jesus as my inspiration/rallying point. It seems to me that most (all?) churches have abandoned that idea as a major tenant in their preachings which leaves me pretty much in my own little world. Thinking like that has left myself wide open to the teachings of a lot of different religions, most of which tend to seem to me to teach towards the same "God" (even though some would not have a personal "God" in their belief structure). Which, I think might lead me to the label that is oh so popular these days: "spiritual but not religious".

Perhaps I could also call myself an "exiled Christian" as Bishop Spong has called it.

I liked that answer, it was short and sweet, just thought I'd share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home