Wednesday, November 27

They say that "good things come to those that wait" and that "patience pays off in the end" but "they" are liars...or so I think most of the time. But my open heart, inherent trust in the common man, and my optimistic hopefulness sometimes tell me that I am dead wrong in my cynical assessment. Too often I tell myself that I am due any day now to get a meaningful job where I am over-paid for the work that I do and enjoy doing, knowing that I am making a positive impact on the world at large. Too often I tell myself that I am due a beautiful girlfriend, who is kind and sweet, understanding and appreciative of the little things and the fact that I would give her the world, my life, in an instant if I could. Too often I let myself believe that my debts will be a thing of the past because of the death of a rich relative or the opportunistic drawing of six numbers in the lottery. Too often I belive that things will turn around, that all the shit that surrounds me will dissappear and be replaced by my wildest dreams. I honestly believe that. But then I don't. Fucking karma.

But as it were, I did a quick search to see just how many of "them" say "nice guys finish first" and found this little tidbit...short and sweet, it speaks to the issue of my loneliness but of course works on the premise that nice guys do not, at all, finish first. Oddly enough, though, in this little scenario I would be the best of the "good guy" and "bad guy" worlds...or maybe the worst of both worlds...or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home