Wednesday, December 25

I don't get this, what kind of complaints did Wal-Mart receive? It seems like a bunch of BS to me. Of course, my problem with it is that Wal-Mart does this all too often. It "doesn't like" a product and so forces the producer to either change it or have it taken off the shelves nation-wide. This is especially troublesome with books and music and other forms of artistic, free-speach, expressions. Considering that if Wal-Mart is successful in a community, especially a small community, it has already effectively shut down all other outlets for such products (if you don't know the schtick, check out this site) thus leaving the citizens of the community with no option but the censored one. I don't care, but sometimes the violent, crude, or sexual is important in expressing one's inner torment or whatever it is that is forcing an artist to produce. I don't know, I just hate Wal-Mart I guess.

Wal-Mart pulls pregnant Midge doll. - Dec. 25, 2002 -- World's No. 1 retailer takes doll set with pregnant mom off shelves after customer complaints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home