Wednesday, December 18

I just got back from a midnight showing of the new Lord of the Rings movie...man, it's late considering I haven't allowed myself much time to sleep lately. Anyway, like many reviews that I have read, I found it to be something less than the first movie. It was still good, don't get me wrong, but considering that the second book is by far the better of the first two, I find it odd that the corresponding book made a lesser movie. It's funny how that happens: books that are so good, so vivid in your mind when you're reading them just don't seem to translate so well into film. Perhaps it was that there is not much that can be cut out of the The Two Towers that wouldn't destroy the story...that plus Peter Jackson's amplification of the love stories of Aragorn (stories that I don't really remember being in the books at all...and stories that do not really play a huge role in the overall plot of good versus evil)...but it moved too quickly I think, and the images were blurred in the process. In any case, I will probably write a review (something I do when I see a movie on its opening weekend) and post it here tomorrow or soon. In case anyone is interested.

I also want to take a moment to warn those that read this blog that over the next few days or week or so, I plan on posting a series of essays that I am currently working on that deal with the idea of abstracts. I plan on hitting such topics as "truth", "happiness", "Love", and "justice" and possibly more. If you're interested, keep your eyes peeled. Unless something happens in the news or my life, that will be about all I will be posting though. I just want to say that so that I will feel more motivated to do it (and I feel that it would be good for me to do so given my recent departure from melancholy).

Oh well, beddy-bye for me. (I even turned my phone off so that work can't wake me up in the morning, even if they try...) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home