Tuesday, December 31

I was going to go and post on this here blog that I was going to be a lame-ass and do nothing to celebrate New Years...but the only friend that reads this thing on a regular basis (why, hello there!) beat me to the punch and now it seems so lame to do that even...dammit.

The thing is, I don't care about New Years, I really don't. What's there to care about really? To me, it's just an excuse to get falling down drunk mid-week, but I could do that any time. Instead, I obsess about stupid things like which of the parties that I'm invited to am I going to be at when the ball drops, what I'm going to be drinking, and the doozy of how it sucks that I don't have a girlfriend to kiss when the clock strikes twelve...it's all lame, I know, but it's unneccesary worrying that has no purpose other than the fact that sometime some guy or two or three decreed that the year shall begin on the stroke of twelve on January the First. Whatever.

Some people really get into it, some people see it as a chance to renew their lives and make positive changes. That's cool, but it just doesn't work for me. Every day is a chance to do all of that stuff and it is just plain silly to get all excited about such an arbitrary point in time. I don't know, I'm a party pooper, I know, but it's all good. I'll probably go out, dance, and kiss a bunch of semi-friends and total strangers, and get drunk enough that I show up at work on New Years Day still drunk. Or maybe I won't. Who knows.

But for those out there that do care...Happy New Years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home