Tuesday, December 3

I'm too tired to go to sleep, if that makes any sense, so I figured I'd put up a couple of old poems that I've written. The first is eight years old or so, but it still carries so weight in my heart...the second one I have no idea when I worte it, but it's about insomnia or something so it seems appropriate. Enjoy.

the rock

as flesh hardens from the wounds of bygone days,
so too does my heart slowly turn to stone.
the rock lies unseen by the myriad that pass it by,
so the un-mined gem within must lie alone.


untitled

An image of myself in my sleep,
a concatenation of spiritual and philosophical thoughts,
muddling in the darkness as my eyes twitch to some inner motor.
Body frozen but mind racing,
a race with God and with the material world,
Sweat pours from skin from head to toe and I wake up trembling.
Lying on the soggy mattress upon which I sleep alone,
with the stink of ancient cigarettes hanging in the air,
keeping me awake with the nightmare from whence I woke.
Love and hate, adoration and distrustfulness,
a paranoia of waking dreams more real than those that filled my sleep,
I search for meaning in a meaningless world.
Shutting my eyes as if a lullaby of peacefulness,
but the horrid thoughts of the disgraces of a day gone by
race through activating every muscle in my body.
Sweating, panting, I try to put myself to sleep,
though my eyelids close, I stare into the vastness of the universe through my ceiling,
wondering what could have been and what is meant for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home