Monday, December 30

Last night was bad...first, I started talking a bit about my step-father with a friend but the conversation got cut short for some reason and so the thought was floating around in my head and I had to get it out. Hence the posting below. Secondly, it was one of those nights where you drink a tad too much and you start dreaming wierd dreams, tripping really. Between the two, I had a scary dream that just sort of piled up all my "troubles" (in quotation marks because they're not necessarily troublesome -- just those things that I have been thinking too much about lately) into one big, wierd storyline that involved a burning school bus, people trying to shoot me while I delivered pizzas on a bicycle, and then some big house with walls covered with post-it sorts of notes dealing with all the overly-critical thigns I have said to friends and family in the past. It woke me up, well, the bladder thing did too, but that brings me to my point...

In all of that craziness, I went to the bathroom but as I was washing up I got this paranoid idea that it was possible that an alien could be standing outside the bathroom door when I opened it. It wasn't that I thought that there was definitely going to be one or even that it was remotely likely, but that there could be one. It caused me to hesitate in opening the door...it honestly did. I have no idea what was up with that.

I just think that that's hilarious and a damn good example of the the perils that come with drinking. As Nancy Reagan told us in the eighties: Just say no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home