Friday, December 13

Listening to a CD of a friend of mine, I got to thinking about how ridiculous it is that I am unwilling to share any poem or story that I've written that has anything to do with the idea of love or lust or fantasy on this blog. I'm always afraid of what people will think of it or the motives put behind my posting it. But that's stupid. What's the point of writing if I don't share it? Tell me that, won't you mister? So anyway...

This is from my upcoming book of poetry and short short stories entitled Secret Smittenosity or something along those lines (I don't have a publisher or a definite idea of what exactly is going in there so the title might change)...a journey through a fictional secret crush based on all the secret crushes that I've had through my life:

The Prison

The prison to which my heart was sent is bordered by no walls but fear--
a chain link barrier of trembling joy and profound unknowing
topped by the barbed wire fence of unshackled emotion,
sending a message to my heart that there is no hope for escape.


The bars of my cell drip with the dew of tears shed in agony;
agony over the loss of control of the direction my life takes--
the sense of what is to come erased from my soul,
in its place an unmarked map upside down and backward.


My bed is one of sharpened needles piercing my skin, drawing blood--
sleepless nights spent in the solitary of my mind,
thinking of what it means to be free and not in love;
days spent healing the wounds, forgetting about pains of nights past.


The mess hall clammers with the voices of other lost souls
afraid to admit of the troubles their hearts contain--
screaming poets suffering unreturned emotions
writing on the un-walls of the prison of love.


That happens to be my personal favorite, just thought I'd share. No, wait, that isn't my favorite, this is...just because I think it's funny in that cute kind of way (and I use the word "uvula"...hehe):

My Silly Wet Dream of Being Orally Assaulted Suddenly and Unprovokingly by the Tongue of the Girl of My Dreams but With Whom I Am Only Friends

“What would you do if I stuck my tongue down your throat?” She asked me out of the blue.
“I dunno” I shrugged.
And so she proceeded to tickle my uvula until I came.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home