Wednesday, December 4

Nothing to write about, but still an impulse to post. silliness. As for the suggestion that I should post more poetry...nope. Pretty much every other poem I have that's worth sharing is too personal to post here...funny how I'll post almost anything, but draw the line at ancient love poems. hmph.

I take that back, here's a non-love poem about a lady at the laundramat:

gone

distant memories of suburban dreams
held up in bags high on her cheeks
as she stares silently at the horizon.
a tear forms in the corner of an eye.


somewhere years ago the future seemed
to hold all the means to answer her dreams
but reality set and the curtain fell
and the dreaams became just that.


now there she stands, eyes glazed over
set on a distant point, ingangible
to you or I. "maybe," she thinks,
"maybe it's all just a dream".


Yeah, yeah, not so fantastic...but I never said I was a great poet or anything.

Oh, and as for Miss "Tiger Lilly" (if that is your real name), if you want to see more (even the ancient love poems), all ya gotta do is ask me sometime. geez louise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home