Friday, December 20

Some observations from the last week or so:

A man, homeless and anonymous, told me that he asked a woman out and that they were going to be going for dinner at God’s Kitchen, a local homeless shelter, that night.

An old man struggled to open the door for his even older wife. It took all his strength.

A child wished me a Merry Christmas without a prompting from his mother.

The sky was clear and there was snow on the ground, the brightness overwhelming.

A store clerk made fun of the customer previous, knowing that I would not be upset by her doing so.

One squirrel and another in a spiraling chase up and down a tree. I watched for five minutes.

An old woman let me turn onto the street before her, even though it cost her the green light.

I got to sing Heart of Gold at the bar for the first time.

I became comfortable with myself for the first time in months.

It’s the little things in life that matter, the little things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home