Wednesday, December 25

Well, I'm taking a break from watching the Lord of the Rings Special Edition because I want to make good on a promise I made last weekend. 'Twas a simple request, one that I give a shout-out on this here blog for someone. It would be easy to just keep it simple and say "hey you" or whatever, but no, I am too much into overdoing things, keeping the thing alive, being overdramatic. I could eaily just say it and leave it at that, but I would actually rather make a huge production out of it. It seems appropriate in a way, and I don't really mind -- I don't think Frodo does either, even though he's been engulfed by the screen-saver by now I'm sure -- so it's really kind of fun.

Playfulness is something that is not so acceptable in our society, as far as I can tell. It is "immature" or whatever, but I could care less. I'm a kid at heart, I readily admit that and if people can't accept it, they can bite me. I just like playing games, beng cute, and building forts in the woods...there's nothing wrong with that is there? I think this friend accepts that about me, if she even realizes that I am half as playful as I really am (since much of what she thinks of me has come from the last three or four months, the "morose-mother-fucker era" as it will go down in my personal history). That's cool.

But anyway, back to the shout-out, I don't even have any idea what to say really. Do I say "what's the story morning glory?" and risk having my relating it to morning tumiscience come back at me? Do I use her real name and threaten the anonymity of this blog for me and her? Or do I relate her to the buttercup, for she has built me up and never calls me when she says she will, at least when it comes to kareoke? Nah...I'll just go back to the ol' Woody Allen movie and the name she picked for herself when signing my guestbook (a thing more people need to do by the way) and just say, simply (not to mention finally):

What's up Tiger Lily?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home