Wednesday, December 25

Well, it is finally Christmas. It is finally that one day of the year when hope is not ridiculed, peace is not a pipedream, and Love is not frowned upon. It is the one day of the year that kindness is the norm and the human spirit is allowed to reign supreme. It is a day of family and friends, a day for children and the young at heart, a day to reflect on all that life has brought to us in the past year. It is the day to give thanks for all that is good and to promise to do more good in the year to come.

Christmas is often overdone. Too many get all wrapped up in gifts (the pun there being a gift from me to you), parties, and hoopla and never really get into the true meaning of the season. But I do believe that come Christmas morning most people are blessed with a repreave from all of that garbage and instead see it for the message of peace, understanding, joy, and Love that has been intended from its beginning. I believe that we all have that spark of childish wonder and hope and innocence inside our hearts and that there is something magical about the day that releases that spark, if only for the day.

It is the only day that I do not feel so alone. The only day that I truly realize that I am not the only dreamer left in this world. It is the one day that I have no fear about where my life is headed or the future of this world. It is the one day, if there is any, that we are all truly equal.

It is Christmas, God bless us everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home