Tuesday, January 14

Joe Millionaire. I have to admit, I have hated all the dating/mate finding shows that have been on television to this point -- The Bachelor, Temptation Island, all of them -- but there's something about this show that has me hooked. Or, actually, a lot of things. I guess first off, I identify with Evan a lot. I mean, I'm not as good looking or anything (to think of a woman saying that I was attractive is foriegn to me), but there's something about the honest guy really looking for a girl that likes him for him that I identify with. That's not saying a lot I guess, since that describes quite a few guys, but I just see Evan as being a nice guy -- and there are very few of us around (I don't know any nicer than me, for instance...>>insert your own "God, he's honking his own horn again comment here<<). Seriously. I mean, it's hard to tell from television, but he seems quite sure of himself and seems to know what it is that he's looking for and that's damn cool and something that I consider myself to be. Like me, he's never been in a serious relationship because either he finds some serious flaw in a girl and decides, rightly I might add, to not persue anything beyond friendship, or the girl is so hung up on the typical girly vanity stuff (money, nice car, big dick, yada yada yada) and doesn't appreciate him for being the person that he is...

Okay, maybe I'm putting my own words into his persona, but it's just that I identify with him. Plain and simple.

But anyway, it brings me to appreciate the show and his desire to weed out the bad girls (especially Heidi) and try to find those with a true heart of gold. Exactly what I do. He's proven himself to not be totally hung up on looks, not hung up on girls that flaunt themselves excessively, and that's just like me. That's awesome. It's like when I watch him I see someone doing exactly, more or less, what I would do in his situation...and then I get to see the consequences good and bad. It's kind of encouraging or...something. I don' know. I'm just blathering.

But then there's a couple girls, or at least one, that seems to be really, really cool -- Zora. I mean, that girl's just awesome. When they were picking out dresses during the first show she stood to the side and was willing to take whatever was left over (or whatever the bitch Heidi didn't hog to herself). While the other girls were complaining about pitching hay, Zora was right in there. That's amazing. There aren't that many girls like that out there and he's lucky to have had one picked to be on the show. He'd have to be a damn fool not to pick her in the end. I see too many guys sit on their hands while amazing girls like that are throwing themselves at them and all I can think to myself is "I wonder when he's coming out of the closet" (okay, to be fair, when a guy passes up on an amazing girl it could be that he's gay or that he's a retard or in Love with someone else or just an asshole -- those four reasons, nothing else -- but it's my experience that they're usually gay and don't realize it). Oh well, we'll see how gay Evan is.

And finally there's the whole Heidi's a bitch thing going on which is hilarious. I love the way that FOX made her out to be so horrible -- or at least the way that they showed all the footage of her being so wretched...and of course the translation of her horrible French was icing on the cake.

But anyway, I'm supposed to be too highbrow and whatever to be watching shows like that so I should shutup now before I sound like I really like that show. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home