Wednesday, January 8

Sometimes when I'm bored, I read on-line personals. Having gotten out of work early, I've been doing that the last hour or so (since my last post). Anyway, I find it depressing as hell primarily because of the fact that everyone of those damn girls gives a description of "the perfect guy" for them, and I fit damn near everyone of them. I'm not being a narcissist or anything, but it's true. Almost every single one.

I don't know what that means. I have had "problems" develop from answering personals (and placing them) and I can't help but think that those that place them and answer them fall into two categories -- those just looking for friends and e-conversation (I fit in this group...mostly) and those that are psychotic. By psychotic I mean those that are so desperate for someone that they'll latch on to anyone that replies to their ad and not let go. You know, find out your phone number and call...find out your address and visit in the middle of the night...I don't need that. I really don't. But it sucks because I want to reply to one or two, just see what's up you know? But I can't. Some of those girls build themselves up to be nice, and some of them say things that I wouldn't think they'd say if they were 40-year-old men looking to trick some guy into a gay-to-them e-relationship, it almost seems like they might be for real...

But what it comes down to is the simple question of: if I were to meet some of these girls out in the "real world" or if any of them would meet me, would they recognize me for what I am (that being the funny, intelligent, sensitive, secure, caring, honest, trust-worthy, dependable, romantic, understanding, strong, responsible, blah blah blah...you know the drill...kind of guy they all "claim" to be looking for)?... nah. Half of them have probably already rejected me at some point in my life, or at least know someone who has.

Maybe I'm just too perfect... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home