Sunday, January 5

Soulmate. I have found two potentials in my twenty-six years. The first was dating someone else when we met and when they broke up he was an ass and drove her to alcohol, drugs, and other material things and then into the bed of the guy who happily provided them when I, stubborn to my principles, refused to and I had to leave her life. The other was so hung up on other things going on in her life that she could not see that what she and I could have had was amazing and beautiful and true.

Physical attraction is fleeting. Good times are fleeting. So are comfort and kindness and intrigue. Romaticism fades. Stories of the past become old. Pain from old relationships wanes. Wealth deflates. Trinkets of affection gather dust. Crushes become tired. Good times move on and so do the bad. Tits sag and beer bellies form. Kisses become boring. Sex starts to lose appeal. Lust is only an illusion. Differences become annoyances instead of something to explore as personalities begin to clash. Fun becomes routine becomes agony. Such are the things of vanity.

A soulmate is someone that, when you look into their eyes and see their soul, you cannot tell if what you are seeing is them or your reflection. You think, you feel, you dream, you live, you express yourself, you are the same. You are two souls from one, severed by angels in heaven before being sent to this earth to seek each other out and become one again.

This is what I look for in those I date. Nothing more, nothing less. I look, I find, but I am denied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home