Friday, February 28

As I posted earlier, Mr. Rogers died. He was a good man, better than any of us could ever want to be, for he actually made a difference with his life, and made the world a better place. But a local radio station, WGRD decided to take the news of his passing and say some very, very insensitive things about the man (that he was "creepy", a pedophile, and the like) and it really pissed me off. I wrote a letter (posted below), and I am honestly going to go through with my threat to discontinue listening to the station. I am only saying this because I am asking my few readers to join me in sending e-mails to this station thereby amplifying my voice (hey, I don't ask for much reader participation, do I?)...if you too feel that Mr. Rogers was a good man or that it is wrong to be so hateful towards to recently deceased. I would appreciate it. Thanks. The e-mail address of the program director is bduncan@regentcomm.com...his name is Bobby Duncan. Anyone wanting to call can call the business line at (616) 459-4111 or the toll-free studio line at 1-800-WGRD-979.

Again, thank you. This has me really pissed off.

My letter:

I just wanted to drop a line to say that I was sickened by the mocking of Mr. Rogers that occurred on your morning show this weekend. Fred Rogers was a good man, and he did much (more than can be expected of any human being) to improve the lives of children throughout this country. I for one, am a better person because of the life that he lead.

Even if someone does not agree with this, it is wrong by itself to mock so heavily a man that is dead for no more than a few hours. Your morning show staff should be ashamed of themselves, it is very sad that they lack all decency for human life as they do.

As such, I am no longer listening to your radio station. I am removing it from my car radio presets. I am also contacting your advertisers to tell them of my decision and why I am making it. You have lost a listener because of your staff's insensitivity and total disregard for human life.

Sincerely,
Kyle


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home