Wednesday, February 5

A couple of things tonight.

First off, I am really annoyed right now that I have a roommate. For four years I lived alone and could just be naked all day if I felt so inclined...you know, step out of the shower, make a sandwich, and pop in a movie without the nuisence of having to waste time putting clothes on. Lately I've been missing that, you know, just being naked -- not necessarily to do anything in particular in the nude, just to not wear clothes. It's freedom at it's greatest.

Secondly, I heard a good joke on Comedy Central tonight told by a comic complaining about how he's too nice a guy (gee, that sounds familiar...). He said: "I've spent my whole life trying to not make women into objects but all it leads me to is making objects into women." That's funny ha-ha.

Third, today I figured out why I've been rooting for Zora on Joe Millionaire -- it's because I'm her. The nice one that everyone says is so great but is always passed over in the end for whatever reason. She'll be rejected too because people always go for the physical/emotional attraction (eros) over the spiritual connection (agape). But I'll still cross my fingers and hope that she at least gets somewhere in love by being a good person with a good heart.

Lastly, my brakes went out on my car today, which would ordinarily upset me greatly. But I'm not upset at all (just broke). In fact, I'm kind of glad because it means I get to sleep in tomorrow before bringing it to the shop. That, and the fact that I just publically posted an entire paragraph about how I wish I could kick back and watch movies in the buff, tell me that I'm in a good mood again. It feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home