Friday, February 14

A few things of note tonight:

I delievered to a home tonight and while the father was paying a little seven or eight year old girl giddily ran to the door and said "hello pizza man" and I said "hi!" as I always do to the kids. Then she said "Happy Valentine's Day!" and handed me a little mass produced valentines day card like they trade in elementary school. I got a big smile, said thank you, and frankly got a little bit choked up. My eyes started to tear a little bit. It was the best tip of the night.

Later, or maybe it was before then, I was driving down the road and saw a steeple on a hill bathed in the crimson light of the setting sun. Beautiful, sheer beauty. And I thought to myself, "it's so wonderful to be alive"...a thought I haven't had since September 10, 2001 while driving down a street canopied by hundred-year-old oaks and maples. I just hope tomorrow does not bring what that night loomed over.

Third, I could really go for some sexual intercourse right about now. But I say that only to be a sleaze snd to make myself chuckle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home