Wednesday, February 12

I'm reading Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five and there's a line that I'd like to quote:

"Billy now shuffled down his upstairs hallway, knowing he was about to be kidnapped by a flying saucer"


I guess that it's just that I feel like I too am walking through life right now, coasting, though I feel as though something is about to happen. I don't know if it's something good or something bad or something that won't really change anything, but I just have this sense that something is about to happen. I don't know if I'm dealing with it though. It's weird. I wish I knew what it was, I wish I knew how it was going to affect me, I wish I could somehow help it come about because, frankly, I feel my nerves are becoming frayed. I hate that feeling. I am generally a very patient person, at least more tolerant of the wait than most people, but sometimes you just want to get to the end game right now where at least you know what's going on, you know? I don't. I really don't. I mean I do know what I'm saying, but I have no idea what it is that I'm talking about. If I go by my dreams lately, I have some sense, I guess, but still there are so many things going on -- or about to go on -- that I don't really know what's going to happen or whatever.

It's not that I'm complaining or anything, not even crying "why me" or that sort of thing. It's something that I think that most, if not all, of us human beings go through. It's just that that line really spoke to me. I knew exactly what Billy was feeling...I'm feeling it right now.

Now go about your business.

And please, people, sign my guest book or put comments or something. I'm feeling like I'm talking to a wall here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home