Thursday, February 20

So I spent the entire evening last night thinking I was going to die. Seriously. I had a fever that got up there (I don't know how high, but the fact that I was as cold as I was says it was up there), I could barely walk, I was hacking, I was miserable, and I, for the life of me, could not get to sleep. Yes, I felt like I was dying. It sucked. I feel a little better now, but no where near 100%. At least I'm only coughing every now and then, and I can walk, and I'm not shivering in my eighty-degree bedroom. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

I would have posted this last night, but, like I said, I was dying. The thing is, I was trying to take a nap after getting out of work last night when the phone rings. I pick up. "Is Kyle there?" "This is he." "Hi, this is Laurie from T-Mobile, did you lose a cell-phone?" Holy Crap! Someone turned in my cellphone. I guess it did fall out of my pocket somewhere on the street and someone found it and brought it in...of course, in the meantime it looks like a couple of cars ran over it. But that is friggin' sweet. I had figured the thing was gone forever, that somebody found it and was using it. But no, there are good samaritans out there in the world. There really are. And that has done as much to bolster my faith in humanity as the thought of someone not turning my phone in destroyed that faith yesterday. I feel better now.

Except for the feeling of death looming over my shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home