Tuesday, March 25

I got evaluated at work today. I've been harping about getting a promotion there for awhile (since plenty of people who've been there half the time I have) so much of what was written by my boss was directed towards that. After complimenting me and my work, she said that I was not quite mature enough and I tend to be distracting to others...if I were to focus a bit, she'd push for my promotion. Hehe...so now I have a choice, cut back on my shinanigans and wise-cracking and get a good size raise and lots more hours throughout the year, or continue having fun and joking around a lot. It's a hard choice for me. Work has become a sort of refuge for me where I don't have to worry about anything and don't have to think...it's the only place I feel comfortable letting my hair loose and acting like a total jackass. I mean, people appreciate that there too (and often think I'm kidding when I say that I'm stressed out/depressed/tired), many of my co-workers are retired people and I often feel as though they think of me as an adoptive grandson or something. I don't know. I guess I could calm down a bit, a wee bit, and see what happens from there. Then again, I used to act even more like a monkey than I do now.

Whatever.

Of course, I think it might be odd for people that read this blog (or, for that matter, some of my friends in RL) to even imagine that that side of me exists. Almost to the extent that people at work think of me as a jolly good fellow that's always chipper and nice. I should blend those two sides of my personality better. I really should. Or maybe just let the goofy side show up outside the confines of work more often. In any case, I need to lighten up and now that I have talked to my best friend about some of the things that have been bothering me I feel better...understood. So now if I can just do the same with the rest of my friends, all will be good in that department and I will again be able to be the somewhat childish yet profoundly philosophical yet incredibly sexy person that I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home