Sunday, March 2

I hate it when you're drunk (as I am sorta kinda now) and you push play on the CD player and hear a song that you suddenly have some hyper-connection with. As it is, I get home and push play to hear Mr. Mick Jagger and the kids telling me that I can't always get what I want, but that if I try sometimes, I just might find I get what I need. How poetic is that thought.

I am often guilty of wanting more out of life, but that, at times, seems grossly selfish on my part. There is very little that I have that is actually going against me. I have my health (minus the occasional and temporary flu and cold), I have enough money to get by without being hungry or cold, I have friends that care about me, I have family that feels the same way, I have so little to ask for. I really don't. I mean, I wish I had no debt, I wish I had a girlfriend, I wish I had a more stable income, and perhaps a better, more varied social life, but these are just wants. Sometimes you need to remind yourself that you got things pretty good, you know? Sometimes you need to see that there is nothing else that you need. And it goes beyond that...

Sometimes you need to take a step back and realize that everything that you're looking for is right there in front of your face. Even if that means swallowing your pride and admitting that you haven't realized it before.

...advice from a drunk listening to drunks on the CD player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home