Tuesday, March 11

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I need to be less of a nice guy. It's killing me. A friend of mine asked to borrow some money from me yesterday and I said sure, but after calling the bank to see why my paycheck had not become available yet (which made drawing my money from an ATM impossible) and my credit card company to see why my payment had not gone through yet, I drove ten miles to put gas in my car in the only place I know of that accepts checks for gas and allows people to write them over so that I'd have money to lend. Basically, I spent an hour of my life trying to lend a friend ten bucks. My God man, that's ridiculous, especially considering that I later called her and found out she didn't need it any more. I don't know why I do that, I don't know why I have this need to be so giving and bend backward so far for my friends. It's to the point of being almost self-detrimental to a point and it ain't no good. But I need to stop that, I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home