Tuesday, March 25

Some fascinating, and some disturbing, news stories not involving war or whatever (just to prove that there's stuff going on in the world outside of Iraq)...

any comments of mine are in italics

UFO could have been electrocuted cat "Lars Helge Sogn says what people saw was the cat exploding and falling off the mast."

Paranoia extremus, part 318 "'Let me see your ID,' Spilde said. 'Why?' I asked. Wrong response. 'Call for backup,' Spilde eventually told Ramirez as he seized my notebook and pen and began to search me. Was I being arrested, I asked before turning over my driver's license. Eight officers responded to the call for backup. One told me that, legally, I was not being arrested, just subject to "'nvestigative detention.'"

President W: "oops..." "The United States Congress has stepped in to find nearly $300m in humanitarian and reconstruction funds for Afghanistan after the Bush administration failed to request any money in the latest budget." mind you, this is after Bush made a huge deal about us rebuilding after we demolished Afghanistan

Dead cat paranoia, part II "What some feared was possible terrorist activity underneath the Fred Hartman Bridge on Friday turned out to be an animal burial at sea."... "Part of the ship channel was closed to vessel traffic. The bridge, which spans the Ship Channel, was closed on both the La Porte and Baytown sides of Texas 146. Motorists were advised to use Beltway 8 as an alternate route." They closed the bridge down for TWO HOURS

Dunkin' Donuts became the first U.S. company to tattoo its logo on the foreheads of people interestingly enough, I wrote letters to a few companies a couple years back offering to do this for money...I offered to have a Trojan tattoo placed above my dick, a McDonald's logo eyebrow-style on my forehead, Pepsi ying-yangs on my nipples, that sort of thing.


Iraqi Sailors Sip Espresso on Italy's Riviera "'The crew are not prisoners. They can go around the town when they want. It's the ships that can't go anywhere,' La Spezia spokesman Francesco Pilato told Reuters. 'They started the engines once for about 15 minutes about 12 years ago. Until the embargo is lifted they are not leaving.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home