Sunday, March 16

There is something about letter writing that has been lost in our modern age. I wrote a letter to a friend tonight, in large part just because I had the desire to write a letter, in some part, though, because I needed to write some thoughts out and since those thoughts involved someone else, I just figured it was somehow appropriate. I don't know, but letter-writing has become sort of classified as wierd or odd in our society and I'm kind of weary of sending it...even though it's not a weird or odd letter. Not really. I used to communicate with far-flung friends exclusively by letter...there was nothing quite like the anticipation of going to your mailbox around the time that you'd expect it to come and opening up your mailbox, crossing your fingers or whatever...or the greater joy of receiving one when you don't expect it. But that was then (a whole fours ago) and now things are somehow different...I don't like the fact that I can't just do it without feeling that it's that way, you know?

Especially since I am a way better communicator with the written word than I am with the spoken, letter writing is a preferred method for me to express myself to people...that, along with the whole gentleman-thing, progressive politics, and desire for a more simple life all lead me to my thoughts that I was born a hundred or so years too late.

Then again, it's kinda nice to be around now since it's easier to travel and there's more variety to life...I just wish all that stuff that was so mainstream back then was still so today. But then, I'm asking for the best of two worlds and since when has that been more than a pipe dream?

In any case...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home