Thursday, March 27

Wow, I was just going through some of my old work (editing and the like) and came across this poem that I had written and forgotten about:

Love Letter #1

Spoken words without meaning
cannot express the feelings in my heart.
Syllables forced together unnaturally,
empty grunting from my mouth.


Abundant words from which to choose
and none of them express my love
and the feelings that I feel for you –
no words big or complex enough.


Though words there are not, I cannot keep quiet
and sit on these emotions I feel.
But I try and I stutter and I fail,
making you hate me in my ineptitude.


And so my hands are tied behind my back
and all I can do is type words to you
hoping that the thoughts behind them
speak more than the words themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home