Saturday, April 12

Ah ha ha! Sweet vindication, how do I love thee!...today just started out great and kept getting better.

First off, I got to sleep in until noon. Fucking awesome. I drive to work with the windows down because it's in the sixties and sunny for the second time in six months -- the wind blowing through my hair that is the longest it's been since my junior year of high school. Fucking awesome. Then I get my new phone turned on (I lost it....again...this time the person that found it had kept it) and am no longer in the social dark. Fucking awesome. Then I was driving to my other job and seeing hot girls in tank tops and realizing as the result that this is the best fucking time of the year coming up....But the best thing came tonight at the bar.

I hate finding joy in the suffering of my friends, but I couldn't help but do it. I feel bad for my friend, but at the same time I no longer am backed in the corner where no one believes me that some of the stuff that was driving me nuts went on. Now it's all out in the open and I am no longer a jealous ass hole or something....

The guy that my friend had been pining for has wrought my last six months with anguish by always trying to butt into our friendship. He would call her when he knew she was hanging out with me, show up at the bar that I went to with her and charm his way into taking her home and making me drive home alone, treat me like shit whenever I would be with my friend. Well he's doing it to my roommate. My roomate is in a kinda-sorta dating thing with this girl and tonight he drove her to the bar to hang out. This other guy calls this girl while they're there and comes down, he then monopolizes her time completely...eventually, he takes her home with him. When my friend and I would hang out, it was usually just the two of us doing so...this guy would swoop in and no one was there to see it. I'd get upset (as, I think, is a perfectaly acceptable reaction...I mean, it is extremely rude to try and monopolize someone else's time...especially when that someone else is trying to spend time with another friend) and people would think I'm just being jealous or something. But not this time...

Everyone in our circle thought that this guy was "cool" or whatever. They wouldn't believe me when I said that he was a jerk. But they were all there tonight. They saw it all. They don't like him so much anymore. I saw him as a sometimes coniving ass so long ago but was put in a spot where I couldn't say so much...my best friend being infatuated with him and my saying anything about it being dismissed as jealousy...but now it's out in the open. Of course, it took my roommate's heart being broken to the point where he wants to kick this guy's ass, but I now have vindication....sweet vindication. I no longer have to suffer the stigmatism of being a creepy, jealous asshole. Whoop!!!

Maybe people will now start to realize exactly how fucking nice I am for receiving so much of this bullshit from this guy for so long and never really going ballistic on his ass...never ditching my best friend (after all, my roommate is saying he never wants to see the girl again...I never got that worked up about it).

It's just too bad it had to come this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home