Sunday, April 13

I heard about this story on NPR last week and had tried to tell myself that it wasn't true. Is this America where we will cancel public events held by public institutions that represent national passtimes based on the political views of a couple of participants? Seriously.

Nuke and Annie's war stance means no 'Bull' "Long live democracy, free speech and the '69 Mets -- all improbable, glorious miracles that I have always believed in."


I mean, I'm all about protesting through boycott (I myself protest The Gap, WalMart, McDonald's, Exxon-Mobil, Disney, and a few other places for various reasons...you'd have to ask -- if enough people do, I'll post something on it). But I think it's silly...no, retarded...no, UNAMERICAN to boycott a movie or whatever because of the political or moral views of actors that worked on it. Sure, if the work itself is political or whatever (and even so...it's sorta stupid...I mean, I watch FoxNews from time to time -- even though it's the most blantenly jingoistic politically motivated "news" in the world), and you don't agree with it, boycott to your heart's content...but Bull Durham is about baseball...not this war or any other. Shame on Dale Petroskey...shame on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home