Friday, April 18

This is reason number one why I have always been against the war in Iraq and it's stories like this that sicken me that my government, my representative government, acts so nonchalantly about invading other countries for what amount to foriegn policy shits and giggles. This one incident is enough to justify my lack of support for President Bush and his hawkish globe-trotting.

Grisly Results of U.S. Cluster Bombs Although combat in Baghdad is virtually over, carnage continues as civilians are cut, gouged and killed when unexploded munitions in city neighborhoods suddenly detonate, often in the hands of people who don't know what they have innocently picked up. An alarming number of Iraqis being injured and killed are children, who are drawn to the small, grenade-like explosives that can look like toys, said doctors and parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home