Monday, May 12

I did some house-cleaning with my blog...you might notice it in the archives. It is freaky to be posting stuff about people that read this. I ran into this problem in the past (It's been a while since I'm given you a shout-out hasn't it Tiger Lily? okay, here it goes -- whoop! whoop! Tiger Lily's in da house!) and it really made things uncomfortable for me. I mean, this is my place to think out loud and have others hear that, and that's something we all need (I don't get too much of that in real life)...but I have found other places to do some of it -- secret places (shhhhh!). Okay, not so secret, but places that don't archive every damn word I write going back months and months and months. And it offers me the same release. But anyway, besides it being my place to think out loud, the idea that people reading this might come to believe is that I'm writing about them even when I'm not. That happened on several occasions, and not intentionally. Shit happens in my life sometimes and it makes me think...and then I post. Sometimes the "shit" that brought me to post is directly related to one person, and that one person might read this, and that person might think that they are the shit (and not "the shit" in the good way)...that's not right. And I don't want people to feel that way. It's not right. I've always been the kind of guy that confronts my problems head on (though very, very, insanely shyly), not use subversive tactics or whatever.

In any case, I don't like writing about people specifically, at least not ones that might read what I have to say about them. So I've erased posts that were blatently about one person or another that I know and would probably realize that I am talking about them. Ain't I nice?

The only other option is to never allow the people that I know in real life (aside from the ones that already do) find about this blog, but I don't want to do that. I don't want to hide the fact that I have this blog, or prevent certain someones from finding it and reading it, so I have gone back and deleted certain posts that were a little personal and blah blah blah...in case certain people ask me the url to this little slice of kyledom, then I don't have to "um, um.." my way through an excuse.

Yeah, I know there's some redundancy in this post, it's edited and I'm tired and slightly tipsy... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home