Thursday, May 8

This story is almost too amazing to be true:

Mountaineer Broke His Bones Before Amputating Arm GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (Reuters) - A mountaineer facing death after being pinned by an 800-pound boulder in the Utah desert said on Thursday he had to break his arm bone before he could cut the limb off with a dull knife.

I can't even begin to imagine how he did this...I wouldn't be able to. It was bad enough -- no, excrutiating -- to hear that he had cut off his arm by himself, but to find out that he was made to break both bones in his wrist and then saw away at it with a dull knife, all after having had to stand for the better part of three days with no sleep...shit man, shit.

Seriously, how is that that we human beings can do this sort of thing when we're in a pinch? I'm sure that this man, had he been in my place and me in his, would be saying the same thing on his blog...I don't think anyone can imagine doing this. Everyone I know cringes at the idea that mice will sometimes chew off their own leg if stuck on a sticky-trap. Man. This guy is my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home