Friday, July 4

I'm laying here on my bed, writing in my blog, and can hear the fireworks going off downtown. I wasn't able to go because I had to work. I was only to scheduled to work until 8:30 which would've left me more than enough time to get down their before dark, but because people didn't show up for work, I got stuck there later thus ruining my holiday.

I say "people" but there was only one person that didn't show up -- one of four though so it makes all the difference in the world. And I say "person" instead of "friend" because she has done this to me at least once every other week for the last three months -- placing her desire to go out and have fun over those of anyone else's, even her friends...fucking them over again and again and again. I can only forgive so many times.

I don't know how people can do that...I am always one to be weary of how my actions affect others and will make small sacrifices if the impact on others is too great...especially on friends. But I have been used and abused and spat upon enough times to know that I am of a very small minority when it comes to this. Which, of course, means that I don't even try to fight it any more -- but, rather, expect it (which itself is shameful) -- but I'd still like to know why so many other people are so capable and willing to stick it to other people for their own benefit? Please, someone? anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home