Tuesday, July 1

Wow, I was just noticing that I have kept this blog in operation for almost a full year. I've attempted a couple of blogs over the years (even before they were called blogs or had fancy editing programs like blogger to make them easy) and none of them have come even close to the longevity of this one. Hell, I have a couple of 90% empty books to prove that no hand written journals have come close either. I'm just proud of myself for that.

In any case, I was re-reading some of my eariler posts and I came across this one which was pretty much the start of that lil ol' crisis I had for a half year there. What strikes me most is that I could say all of the same things now and be honest about it...but it isn't bothering me so much. I appreciate the loneliness for the time being, my being poor is teaching me some incredible lessons on budgeting, and the thought that I'll spend the remainder of my life with no lady on my arm isn't really all that scary. It's funny how attitude can mean everything.

...the only thing that bothers me about it is whether my apathy towards these things is the result of my learning to cope with the downs of life and realization that life is just that way sometimes...or if I've just given up. That latter possibilty scares the crap out of me, just the possibility that it could be the case (even though I don't think it is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home