Sunday, August 10

I do not judge people. Not at all. Even so, I do not like most people...to some this may be hypocrisy, but I assure you that it is not.

I may not judge people, but I do judge their personas. Rather, I judge how well a people's personas match up to the real person...when they do not match, I deem them wicked. Perhaps this is a bit extreme, but it helps me keep my sanity to some degree. I think this is the only thing that unites those that I care for and those for whom I have no respect except for that which I give all life. My friends, my love interests, those with whom I feel a connection are people that are real and not trying to be that which they are not...

Unfortunately, there aren't many people that are nearly that honest in this world.

Professionals driving SUVs, pretending to be the rugged outdoor type piss me off. Guys that go to clubs to buy drinks and say whatever it takes to sheath their dicks piss me off. Girls that can't leave the house without seven layers of make-up piss me off. Artist types that hide themselves behind thick-rimmed glasses trying to be "individuals" by acting like all their pretentious snob friends piss me off. Ad executives piss me off. Teenagers that fall for the MTV-thing hook, line, and sinker piss me off. They all piss me off...they all pretend to be something that they are not.

How can you trust these people? How can you hear anything that they say and believe it? What right have they retained for my presupposition of their honesty when they so flaggrantly have thrown at least one other aspect of their lives to the dogs of public image? None.

I'm not saying that there are any amongst us that is perfectly open. None of us at all. And that is fine and dandy. But the people that I surround myself with are most of the time attempting to be truthful to the world. Some of them are slimeballs, some of them are confused, some of them are jerks and assholes...some of them are saints, but they are all the types that, rather than try to hide their faults completely, try to better themselves, confront their weakest points. That is awesome. And that's why I love the people that I do.

But, like so many other issues that I write about here in this little corner of cyberspace, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that recognizes this about people -- the whole mask wearing thing. Sometimes I get overworked because those that I care for get caught up in that side of humanity. Either they try to impress the liars and theives or they get depressed that they are not accepted. Hmph. If nothing else is learned by reading this blog of mine, know that there is at least one person in this world (namely...me) who would rather embrace the ugly soul of someone not pretending to be anything better but yearning to be than the person that falsely presents themselves to me as perfect or as anything not themselves. Their soul is uglier by association with the lie. Be who you are, and be proud of who that person is. You have at least one fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home