Wednesday, August 13

I'm in the library right now, typing away on the computer, checking my e-mail and all that jazz and there's some crazy stuff going on across fom me...

Shhhhhh...we have to keep our voices down so that the two people there don't know I'm talking about them.

There's an old lady, working on something or other...and she needed to print it out. Being computer illiterate or whatever, she turned to the guy next to him and asked him...noting an accent, she thrusted her face, more or less, in his and asked where he was from. "Russia" he says...and blah blah blah.

She's asking him some pretty personal questions and at this moment is telling him her personal life history and that of her parents and about how they came ove here from Poland. He's telling her he's actually not from Russia, but from Belarus...and she has no fucking idea where it is. Okay, she left to go get her print-out..we can talk out loud again.

What's up with that? I mean, it's all fine and dandy to be inquisitive and want to say hello to others, maybe intorduce yourself and whatever else, but COME-ON...there's a line that can be crossed. When the person you're talking to has that glazed over look in their eye -- you know, that one that comes from when you're interesting to someone else because you're an abberation but they're not at all intersting to you because they're just like everyone else -- it's not time to take up their time telling them about how you're great-great-great-great-whatevers came over on the Mayflower.

I don't know. It's just rude. It's something that I noticed often when I travel and stuff...and just being a freak myself or whatever. It gets annoying or something for me sometimes (which is why I keep something secret -- shhhhhh) and it's annoyng to see others go through the same thing. I don't know, maybe I'm just a bit testy due to the warmth and my extreme horniness.

Carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home