Friday, September 12

I have spent much of the day with a tear in my eye.

Much of the day I have spent online and listening to Johnny Cash songs that I could find and the few that I have on CD in one form or another. The raw emotion that he put into his work, the honesty, the truth. It overwhelms me. And to love his wife so much with such a true love as to give up on life after she died -- to feel that it's okay to give up after the person that you shared your life with passes, is so beautiful. That is what I strive for in my work and my life. He lived a life that I wish to live -- being outright with my feelings, not hiding any part of them, to hold them so strongly. His was a great life.

I don't think I ever realized how much I idolized Johnny Cash until he was gone from this world.

Sorry that I posted twice today on his death, but I haven't felt someone's passing like this in a long time...perhaps since my mother died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home