Thursday, November 20

assholes

So I get this letter in the mail today...it says that I must repay all of the unemployment that I've drawn in the last three and a half months because my employer has decided that I haven't made myself available enough. And the employer is the place I worked as a pizza delivery guy for. And they know that I don't have a car.

So basically, because I tried to make it without unemployment by keeping a part time job, only to then be forced to quit because my car broke down and I was too poor to afford a new one, I am not only unable to receive unemployment but must pay back that which I had already received. Gosh darn it all the world is a fair place isn't it?

Who knew that your inability to work a $6 an hour job for reasons beyond your control would prevent you from receiving unemployment when work at your $15 an hour job dries up?

God bless America.

In any case, in order to receive money so I can continue to have such luxuries as food and a roof over my head (these things being less important it seems than a car in the eyes of the state of Michigan), I've decided to design and start selling t-shirts and the like to express my current opinions: unemployment sucks. If you buy around 125 shirts right now, I might be able to avoid becoming homeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home