Friday, November 21

i am not going to be a victim

So I called the Unemployment people today and found out that I can protest my little hoopty-do, but in the process of protest, I will not receive any unemployment benefits until it's resolved. And, here's the kicker, it'll take three to four MONTHS for things to get resolved --either in my favor or not -- so I am destitute. Yay! The greediness and total lack of regard for human decency that my former employer exhibits. I mean really, to go and take away someone's piddly $200 a week because it costs them a miniscule amount in unemployment insurance or whatever. ...and it wasn't even my unemployment from them that forced me into the system. grrrrrrrrrr...my blood is boiling.

In any case, with all this going on, I am in desperate need of money. Since it's Friday night and no one I know wants to do anything that's free or at least dirt cheap and I don't want to spend what little money I still have on frivalous things, I have been researching affiliate programs on the internet. So I have a plan now, a way for people to help me out without actually having to do anything but spend ten seconds to go slightly out of their way to do what they were going to do anyway.

The plan is this: I am going to set up a page here (or someplace else, which I will then link to) where people can go to link to various internet places to do their Christmas shopping. By linking to their favorite sites (I have Barnes & Noble and Powell's books already set up -- but I've applied with Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, and CircuitCity.com too) from my site, they will be able to buy whatever they wanted to buy anyway and I will get a small commission on the sale myself. It costs nothing to the person buying whatever, but it helps me out tremendously if enough people are willing to do so. I am especially looking forward to Circuit City's because it would allow people to buy through my site and then go to the store and pick it up. Buying a TV, go to my site, click through to Circuit City, and I get a penance for your trouble and the TV's already ready for you when you walk through the door.

I know that it's not really going to work. I wish it would, but I need to do SOMETHING. I am having absolutely no luck in finding a job or even finding anywhere to APPLY for a job. All because of that fucking pizza place. Anyway, every minute that I'm not doing something that will hopefully eventually earn me a buck or two (even though it may be in two months -- it makes it easier to borrow money when I know when I can pay them back, you know?) is wasted in my mind. I hate being in this position, HATE IT. Fucking-a.

Oh well, I guess the point of all this is if you're going to buy something online, please come through my site and see if I have a program set up with the shop. That's all I'm really asking for. Every little bit helps. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home