Wednesday, November 26

i went to court yesterday

...And won. Yay me. As I think I've mentioned, my old landlord was suing me for $2500 because of a few scratches on the floors. We didn't think they were that bad, not even enough to charge us the $400 or so that he did before he decided to quadruple the charges on his court filing -- and the magistrate agreed. Heck, the magistrate pretty much told him he was being a jerk (in not those words). HA!

The most inmportant thing about it though was that it was a huge adrenaline rush for me. All my shyness melted off while I was sitting there and I spoke up for myself and my roommate and controlled myself when I should have. I could not have asked for a better performance. I felt like I was in my element. It felt GOOD.

It makes my decision to go to law school fell that much more natural.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home