Tuesday, December 23

merry early christmas

Just in case any of you read this at work and won't be in on Wednesday, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas before the fact. Right now, actually I just stopped for the night, I am working on everyone's Christmas present...a revamped front page to this site. I know I've been promising for awhile, but it's getting there now. It looks pretty damn cool if you ask me, which I'm sure you would if you had the chance.

I would have gotten y'all a trinket or something, but I didn't want to go back out to the mall again...I did that today. Boy, did I.

It was funny to me. I took the bus as I always do, with two other people this time. A big ol' bus with three passengers. Fantastic. We didn't move much though. No, the parking lot of one of the malls the route passes was packed full of cars. We had to sit in line for fifteen minutes or so just to get to the light so that we could cross the street. It seemed like such a waste.

Most of those cars probably had one person in them, that's it. A thousand cars each carrying a single person trying to siphon through a two lane exit onto a road already overflowing with cars. All the while I'm sitting in a bus that could seat thirty and stand another fifteen and I'm thinking how much smoother the whole experience would flow if those seats were filled. I wanted to get off the bus, tap on a window, and tell the person inside the car that things would've been so much better had she taken the bus. It would have been pointless, yeah, but I still wanted to.

I don't know. I'm getting to this point where I don't even really want a car. Or maybe I do, but I really think that I'd rather take the bus from place to place. I don't know. I'm tired, my brain is fried, and I'm babbling without any sort of point. :D

Merry Christmas anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home