Thursday, December 4

today's adventures...

So I finally get off my arse and go apply at some of the local bars that I wouldn't mind bartending at. The first one I go to I walk in the door and the girl behind the bar smiles and says "hey Kyle!" and my vague familiarity is confirmed as I realize it was this girl that I knew a few years back and had gone out with a few times. What a small friggen world. We chatted a little bit, not like catching up sorta stuff, but just a bit and she told me that a bartender had just quit which is a good thing...she'd give my application to the manager. Only problem is, this is a girl that I had gone out with a couple times only to realize that I was only wanting to be around her because she was hot...upon realizing this, I just stopped calling her. I had run into her again and she had given me her number and told me to call, which I didn't because, well, I didn't. So I guess if she's mad at me, which she didn't seem to be, she could hold it against me and throw the application away...screwing me over. I can't say I'd be mad at her I suppose, not after me being a dickhead and all. But I don't think she's mad. And if she's not, then i's just a better chance of me getting a job...and working with a hot girl no less. :)

The next thing was the busride I took out to a shopping area (Alpine for those in the know)...it was sad. Normally I like the bus just because of the assortment of different people that ride it...people like me that don't drive (or, in my case, fix up their car or buy a new one) to be more socially and environmentally responsible, elderly people, poor people, and kids and the like...but today it was full of kids. Stupid kids. It really bothers me the way that kids these days butcher, absolutely BUTCHER the English language, and it was really raking my skin on there today. But another that I just don't get is people that take the bus for two blocks...why? There were people that I was waiting with at the station for fifteen minutes or so only to get on the bus to go a few blocks and then get off. They could have easily walked it, and they probably could have used the exercise. People are jsut so lazy...it's always bothered me too when I've driven to the store and gotten caught behind one of those people who sit there for five or ten minutes sometimes with their blinker on waiting for someoe else to finish loading their groceries and leave so they can get their spot....all the time a spot being open four or five cars down. What is with people?

Oh, and I almost rode my bike back from Alpine (about seven or eight miles or so) but then I relized that I was tired and it was cold, so why bother? See, I'm lazy too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home