Tuesday, January 6

and someone in the back of the room shouted "kyle, you rawk!"

I think I may be able to get out my unemployment benefits problem on a technicality. Pouring through the paperwork yesterday in order to finally protest their finding against me I discovered that the term "available" in regards to the state has the word "suitable" tied to it in amost every case (and in the case of what a booklet about the court procedings that will occur said...my sort of situation it is explicitly tied to it). What does that mean? Well, it means that the state saying I did not make myself "available" for work means that I did not make myself available for suitable work...which I did, delivering pizzas is what I made myself unavailable to do which wasn't suitable for me because I didn't have a car.

In any case, it just means that I am once again rather confident that all of this will turn out alright in the end. After having been shot down a couple weeks ago I started to doubt my case, but it isn't so glum now. The original appeal that I made took up a page of type...the appeal this time was six lines of medium-sized handwriting and was basically nothing more than a logic equation. That's what lawyers like to see, short and sweet and now that the entire issue's out of the hands of MSWs and in the hands of JDs, I'm soooooo much happier. They're my kind of people. :)

I hope I get to go to law school in the fall....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home