Friday, January 9

blogity blogity blew

Blogs can be like this one, where some guy wants a soapbox to yell out at the world or whatever, but blogs can be other thigns too. Like here's one that is run by people working on disaster relief for the poor souls in Bam, Iran who were victims of the earthquake a few weeks ago.

Though I usually don't read blogs like that on a regular basis, I find that when I do it gives me a new perspective on things. I could listen to the news and hear what's going on as filtered through the eyes, ears, and finally words of the media, but it's not the same. For some issues, like the war in Iraq I have found, an indiviual blog cannot cover enough scope to really help you see thigns differently (after all, the blog of a soldier in Basra where it's relatively calm is going to be a heck of a lot different than one of a soldier based in Baghdad...with totally different viewpoints). I don't know, I'm just rambling now. Anyway, it's cool to do some exploring of blogs now and then, to widen perspectives and all that jazz.

If you want to do it too, check out Blogger's homepage or the links at the bottom of this here blog. Then you can be a hepcat too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home