Monday, January 19

guilty pleasures...

So I hate American Idol primarily because I hate the direction that it is taking popular music (something about singers that can't play instruments or write their own songs really, really bothers me). That aside, I have am in love with the first episodes of the seasons...where they show the best (yes) but more importantly, the very very worst of the people that try out. Tonight the new season began and I guiltily watched.

To my surprise however, one of the 30 chosen is from my very own little town of Grand Rapids, Michigan. That is just wild to me. Not that it should be so crazy, Grand Rapids is a metropolitan area of over a million people (the metro area technically includes all of Kent, Ottawa, and Muskegon county for those that don't believe me), and to think that someone would make it at some time to such a show as American Idol is not so crazy...but to top it all off, she was the craziest, and Simon the mean guy actually said nice things about her. I mean, she rode a scooter into the audition. Weirdo...but in a good way.

In any case, I think that's cool. Best of luck scooter girl. You're representin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home