Tuesday, January 13

i just cried for no reason other than i needed to

Actually, I just got my shipment of CDs from BMG that I had ordered with the money that my grandma sent me for Christmas and popped in Johnny Cash, The Man Comes Around. There are songs on there that get to me. "Hurt" tightened my stomach, "Desperado" brought me to meloncholy, "We'll Meet Again" brought a tear to my eye, and finally, "In my Life" got me streaming with a second listening to "Hurt" putting me over the edge. It feels good to cry, even if I can't share with anyone the reasons for me crying...if I even knew for sure what they were, which I don't think I do.

I think if I were to compile a soundtrack to my life at this moment, each of those songs would be on there but I'd use the original Eagles' "Desperado" and Beatles' "In My Life" rather than Johnny Cash. "Regrets" by Ben Folds Five would liven things up a bit while keeping the feeling and "Across the Sea" by Weezer would bring in a little rock. "Old Man" by Neil Young would bring us back to the simple words and ideas of aging without direction and "Wake up Dead Man" would, in its not belonging to the rest of these songs, wake me up to the introspection and thoughtfulness that's been filling my life as of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home