Friday, January 30

the power of the human mind to overcome

I have a lot on my mind. Not a lot of little things, a couple big things, and today I've been thinking about just how well I am at avoiding them. Well, avoiding isn't so much the issue as it is forgetting. Maybe out-shouting is a more appropriate. Yeah. Because it's not as if I'm trying to knock them out of head or anything, it's just they're the types of things that I can't do anything about. They also are the types of things I'm not going to discuss in a public place, so don't bother asking. That doesn't matter though.

I just find it interesting that the mind, automatically, can take the energy that it would take think and worry and whatever and divert it to other ideas. I haven't even been trying and it does it automatically. And the thoughts that come out are so extrememly focused too. Today I ended up spending most of the day arguing about abortion over at the 'box. Somehow I was able to take a heavily emotional issue like that and maintain my cool through many, many posts without turning into some sort of shout fest as things usually do.

What's sad though is that I'm at a point in my life where I could be doing so much real thinking and doing (being unemployed and all, but only for the next 17 days now) and getting much out of it, if I could direct it, but it's like the things that are most important to me are the things that I can't do anything about. It sucks. Life could be so good for me right now if things would have been timed just a little differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home