Sunday, February 8

and i love brazil too

A month or so ago when the US announced that it was to photograph and fingerprint every foreigner entering the country a lot of people were appalled that we would treat everyone that's not an American citizen as a common criminal. After all, our friends and allies don't feel a need to treat us so badly. Brazil actually did something about it, instituting the same policy towards Americans. Of course, it's only to Americans so it's quite obviously a retaliatory thing. I admire them for it. Not that I would want to be treated that way, but I think it's the point that Brazil is trying to make.

In any case, as I said, I wouldn't want to be treated that way and I don't think that most of us would. Which explains that, for the second time in a month, an American has been fined $5000 for flipping off the camera during his mugshot. I don't feel sorry for the guy...if he thought he was being cute or funny, I bet he's not going to find that sorta thing cute or funny in the futute (which I find funny myself, I don't know about anyone else). If he was really just pissed off at the fact that he was treated like the next drunk celebrity brought in for a DUI booking then he has no one else to blame for his treatment than his own paranoid and overzealous government, treating the world like shit and therefore bringing the shit of the world upon us.

God Bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home