Friday, February 13

i'm not anti-social, just lame

It's 2:30 and I just got back from playing euchre and rummy at a friend of my brother's house. Yes, we had some beers, but it wasn't a drinking thing really...just sitting around and playing cards, not for money. It was infinitely better than going to the bar or some party where there's little else to do but drink and worry about hooking up or even really caring what anyone else thinks about you. I like that. I wish I could get people together more often to do that.

Thing is, I think my circle of friends is starting to get to that point...where just enjoying each other's company and doing mindless stuff is preferable to going out and being a part of the scene. It sucks because I'm the oldest out of most of my friends (though in one small circle I'm the "little brother") so they're just now catching up or something...getting out of that crazy drinking and hooking up stage. It's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home